This Sausage & Chicken Cajun Jambalaya has all of the flavors of authentic jambalaya. It comes together easily in one pot, is gluten-free and dairy-free for a simple and healthier Cajun dinner recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken cut into ½-inch pieces
- 12 oz. andouille link sausage cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 ½ tsp. salt divided
- ¾ tsp. pepper divided
- 2 cups sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. thyme dried
- 1 tsp. basil dried
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce gluten free
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 ½ cups long grain white rice rinsed and drained
- 4 ½ - 5 cups chicken broth
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
- In a large pot, or Dutch oven, add 1 tablespoon oil, sausage, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and continue cooking over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Get full recipe==>>evolvingtable.com