A hearty soup to take the chill off and fill your belly! Made without cream, this Whole30-friendly soup relies on potatoes for it's thick and creamy texture - you'll never know it's dairy-free.
- 1 Tbsp. cooking fat of choice
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 cups red potatoes, skin-on, ½-inch dice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 8 oz. cooked ham, ¼-inch dice
- 2 cups kale, tightly packed, torn into small pieces (about ½ bunch)
- ½ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper or to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Place a Dutch oven or other large pot with a lid over medium heat. Add fat and when melted, add onion, carrot, celery and leeks. Saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions start to soften.
- Add garlic, stir and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes, broth and thyme. Bring soup just to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender – about 30 minutes, depending on how large they are and how vigorous the simmer.
- Get full recipe==>>therealfoodrds.com