This broccoli and red lentil soup came out delicious and I just had to share it with you.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 1.5 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- some mint leaves (5-10)
- some cilantro (optional)
- 1 red chili pepper (optional!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Soak lentils for 30min-1h. Prepare the rest - peel garlic and onion, wash herbs and vegetables and chop broccoli, onion, chili (optional), cilantro (optional), mint leaves.
- In a small cooking pot add 1tbsp olive oil and sautee the garlic and onions at medium-high for about 1 min. Add the spices (turmeric, ginger, cumin and opt. cardamom). Stir and add "a sip" of water, so that the spices don't burn.
- Get full recipe==>>beautybites.org