This Apple Fritters is an easy and delicious yeast doughnut with chunks of apples, ground cinnamon, and a sweet glaze.
- 24 Rhodes white dinner rolls*, thawed
- 21 oz can (extra fruit) apple pie filling
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (+/-) all-purpose flour
- oil (canola/vegetable), for frying
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup milk, water, or apple juice
- 1 1/2 tsp maple extract, optional
- Thaw *rolls on a lightly greased sheet tray covered with sprayed plastic wrap for approximately 2-3 hours (or in the refrigerator overnight), until thawed, but hardly risen.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces. Scoop apples out of the canned pie filling, and cut into chunks. (Try not to get too much of the sauce because things will get sticky.)
- Combine the cut up rolls, apples, and cinnamon. Knead everything together by hand or with a stand mixer adding flour as needed, until it clumps together. (Will look like monkey bread.)
- Get full recipe==>>dessertnowdinnerlater.com