This fast and easy homemade egg drop soup is warm and soothing on cold days or when you're feeling under the weather. Comes together in under 30 minutes!
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 3 green onions
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups chicken broth*
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, optional
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. Thinly slice the green onions. Use a vegetable peeler or the side of a spoon to scrape the skin from the ginger, then use a cheese grater to grate about 1 Tbsp.
- Add the mushrooms, green onions, and ginger to a large soup pot along with 1 Tbsp cooking oil. Sauté the vegetables over medium heat or just until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add 4 cups chicken broth, 2 cups water, and 1 Tbsp soy sauce to the pot. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 Tbsp water until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Pour the cornstarch slurry into the soup pot and stir to combine.
- Get full recipe==>>budgetbytes.com