These orange infused sweet ricotta peach cookies really capture the essence of spring and summer. Recipe makes 22-24 peach cookies, each the size of an average apricot.
- 500g (2 cups + 2 TBSPs) ricotta cheese
- 110g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla paste
- zest of 1 medium orange
- 540g (4 cups) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 155g (1/2 cup + 3 TBSPs) granulated sugar
- 120ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 115g (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to warm, room T
- zest of 1 lemon
- granulated sugar for coating the cookies
- liquid food coloring in red or pink
- rum (optional)
- mint leaves or other leaf decorations (optional)
- Make ricotta filling : In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta with sugar until smooth and creamy. Stir in orange zest and vanilla. Chill the mixture, covered with plastic wrap, while you make the cookies.
- Cookies: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350°F) with rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until combined. Whisk in milk, melted butter and lemon zest until smooth. Mix the dry ingredients into wet in 2-3 additions, until well incorporated.
- Get full recipe==>>sugarsalted.com