Hearty and healthy veggie-packed vegan corn chowder. Blended up corn, potato, and coconut milk make the chowder base for this super delicious meal!
- 4 ears corn shucked and steamed
- 2 large red potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large white onion
- 5 cloves large garlic minced
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1-½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- Place ears of corn into a large pot and fill with water. Cover the pot with a lid and place on the stove over high heat. Bring to a full boil and cook until corn is plump and juicy, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Use tongs to remove corn from the boiling water and place on a cutting board.
- Chop one of the red potatoes in half and carefully place into the same pot of boiling water you used to cook the corn. Allow potato to cook until soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>theroastedroot.net