This delicious Italian Orzo Spinach Soup is simple, flavorful, and so comforting.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 ounces) DeLallo whole wheat orzo pasta, or other whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups loosely-packed spinach
- salt and black pepper
- optional toppings: freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute for 4 minutes, until soft. Add carrots, celery and garlic and saute for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, orzo (pasta), thyme, oregano, rosemary and stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente.
- Get full recipe==>>gimmesomeoven.com