This Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is savory, comforting and oh-so creamy! It’s nut-free and much healthier than its non-vegan counterpart.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ yellow onion , diced
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) baby portobello mushrooms , sliced
- 1½ cups (355 ml) vegetable broth
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup (60 g) vegan sour cream (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp (16 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 lb (454 g) farfalle pasta, cooked
- Salt and black pepper , to taste
- Fresh parsley , chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and cook until they release their juices and become soft, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, soy sauce or tamari and thyme, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the liquid has reduced by a third, about 10 minutes. Mix in the Vegan Sour Cream and flour. Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens, another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Get full recipe==>>veganhuggs.com