Hearty and satisfying plant-based comfort food. This vegan shepherd's pie with mashed cauliflower is so deliciously savory and perfect to enjoy on cold winter's night.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion (approx one small-medium onion)
- 1 cup diced carrot (approx two carrots)
- 1 cup diced parsnip (approx two parsnips, peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch sage (about 5 leaves), chopped
- 1 bunch thyme (about 3-4 sprigs), chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 lbs. cauliflower florets (approx 3 heads cauliflower)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- In a dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and parsnip and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until onions are translucent and veggies are slightly tender. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Stir in garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
- Add vegetable broth, lentils, thyme and sage. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 35- 45 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Get full recipe==>>karalydon.com