This dish consists of stir-fried flank steak slices with vegetables in a sweet sauce. The sauce is usually a combination of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar and chili peppers. The dish is often served with steamed rice or noodles.
- 1 lb flank steak sliced into bite-size stripes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup So Nourished Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tsp xanthan gum to thicken the sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 scallion sliced (for topping)
- In a saucepan heat half of olive oil, add minced garlic and grated ginger and fry for 30 seconds. Add water, coconut aminos, erythritol, red pepper flakes and simmer on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add a xanthan gum and beef strips to a zip bag and toss well.
- In a frying pan, heat the other half of olive oil until hot. Add beef strips and fry stirring until begin to get brown. Set aside.
- Heat a clean pan over medium heat (or use the same pan with beef if you want to), add the beef and prepared sauce, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for another minute stirring constantly.
- Divide between plates and garnish with sliced scallions. The beef can be served in a bowl of some steamed broccoli florets or cauliflower rice or any other side dish of your choice.