These chocolate chip pumpkin bars are the perfect easy dessert for Fall!
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree or sweet potato
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 cups almond butter or allergy-friendly sub
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour, such as oat, white, spelt, sorghum, or even almond
- 1 cup sugar, unrefined or keto sub if desired
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or additional cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, or more as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment.
- Stir all ingredients together to form a batter.
- Add more milk of choice if needed to achieve a cookie-dough-like batter – the amount will depend on the flour and type of nut butter you use.
- Smooth the batter into the pan.
- If desired, press more chocolate chips on top. Bake 15-20 minutes on the center rack.
- They’ll look way underdone – let them cool for at least an hour, during which time they’ll firm up, and they firm up even more overnight if covered loosely on the counter.