This pie has a delicious twist. I no longer make regular strawberry pie because this one is so good.
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup grenadine syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream just until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the cream cheese mixture. Evenly spread filling in the bottom of the baked pie crust. Chill.
- In a saucepan, mix together white sugar and corn starch and stir until smooth. Add grenadine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until thickened. Cool slightly, then chill.
- Just before serving, stir together strawberries and cooled glaze until the strawberries are evenly coated. Spread strawberries over the cream cheese layer.