Slow cooked all day until the meat cuts like butter, this Slow Cooker Cuban Pork is so delicious and perfect served over rice, in tacos, or as sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 7 cloves garlic , peeled and smashed
- 1 small sweet onion , sliced thin
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 pound Smithfield pork shoulder roast
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, orange juice, lime juice, salt, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper, and garlic.
- Make slits in the pork with a paring knife and rub liberally all over with the oil mixture.
- Place pork in the slow cooker, along with the onion and bay leaf. Pour the remaining juices from the bowl over the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Using two forks, shred into thick chunks.
- Serve with cilantro-lime rice and black beans; spoon some of the sauce over the top.